Thursday, September 11, 2014

25 Fantastic Writing Prompts!



Sometimes we all need some ideas for writing prompts for our students….Here are some great ones!

1. If I was a raindrop I would….
2. What does a chicken think about when it's inside the egg?
3. If I was invisible I would….
4. She should have never left the skunk into her house because…
5. He opened the fortune cookie and found a map, so he…
6. What if there were no clocks?
7. What would happen if we used cookies for money?
8. If I was a teacher I would…
9. If I was three inches tall I would…
10. If I was an ant…
11. Yesterday I woke up as a superhero so I…
12. What would you do if your best friend was a Martian?
13. It was one of those days when everything went wrong!
14. What would you do if a genie gave you three wishes?
15. This is my recipe for the best desert ever!
16. What would you do if you could flap your arms and fly?
17. Describe the perfect treehouse.
18. The worst thing I ever ate was…..
19. What would you do with a giraffe as a pet?
20. You wake up to see a small dinosaur in your back yard. What do you do?
21. You see a fairy sitting on your bed post. What happens?
22. You win $100 to spend any way you choose! What will you do with the money?
23. The egg you found in the yard just hatched. It's a dragon! Now what?
24. Penguins have taken over your bathroom. What's going to happen?
25. If elephants had wings...


Want some more story starters? This site gives story elements, then the kids make up the story…Love it!



If you are interested in writing worksheets that cover the Common Core for 3rd and 4th grade writing, check out these resources by clicking the cover.